Wednesday 1 September 2010

Another Warm Day At School

I planned to get to know the school more. And I haven't got any chance to go around. So I took today's opportunity to have a round. And it was great. Well, the school is actually smaller than I thought. Last time I got into the school was 11 years ago, watching Angah during the school's sports day. That's before the new building was built.

So I went around. And I stopped by the special class area. And I was fascinated by the kids there. I was welcomed by them, happily seeing a new teacher approaching them. All of them are slow learners, and some got down syndrome. And to my surprise, they learn as what normal kids do. Well, a bit lower degree, but they still learn subjects as BM, English, Maths, Science etc; plus skills such as gardening and cooking. They will be in primary school for 8 years until age of 14 before going to secondary school. In that school, it also has pre-school for these special children.

That is one of the thing I got today. Well, I got more, but I want to do something.

Out

No comments: