Tuesday 1 February 2011

Egypt

I spent this whole night reading about Egypt, detailed as I can. But, as usual, my English is not quite good, and I can't read in Arabic, so I just read the latest of what happened.

I am worry. Very much. About the situation in there, about our students who are still left there especially the non-sponsored ones, about what will happen next. So, if Hosni not going to step down and let the people to chose their government by today (Tuesday), memang perang habislah. And I'm afraid of what will come next. I hope for the best. But quoting somebody's words, peace comes with heavy price, and it will not come for one or two days. But yeah, fighting to have our desirable government, non-corrupted one, is not an easy thing to do. Blood will be shed, that is for sure. Time and money will be wasted, and all demand for tough heart.

Started with Tunisia, and it is now in Egypt. Which country will follow next? I mean, the Arabs are getting loose from the US. They are fighting back. And Israel is now worry because Egypt so long has been their comrade. Surely if a new government is going to rule Egypt, the government probably wont be as friendly as Mubarak's, and think about the changes that can be done in Gaza Strip. And there is possibility of the Palestinians in West Bank to protest to the PA, and somehow I see light beyond this turmoil or whatever you want to call.

Quoting what Didi wrote on her wall in Facebook:

Stop being proud to be a Malay, an Egyptian, or Saudian..Being proud of ur race is forbidden in Islam.Who cares what u are, what matters is whats inside ur heart. So stop saying I'm a Malay, Pakistani, Egyptian or watever.This nationalism is da reason Muslim world is so behind. Stop being proud, rather be thankful Allah has guided u to Islam. And the vital thg is to change urself. NOT to change Islam.

I am afraid, am worry, am eager of today, these coming few hours. Fellow Muslims, pray for our brothers and sisters out there in Egypt, of our fellow Malaysian students there, for their safety, for their hope and coming outcomes of the protest, and stay unite as Muslims.

No comments: