Monday 24 May 2010

Being Fashionable

Okay, I am stupid about this fashion thing. But back in UK, I like to buy clothes, about at least one per week. It was easy to go out to town and find nice shops there. I have loads and loads of them. From simple t-shirt and shirt, I moved on to short dress. Most of the dress are short-sleeve or sleeveless, but there is not problem to wear jacket, simple sweater or cardigan outside. My favourite is jeans or leather jacket.

Going back to Malaysia, I found that it is difficult to wear a bit fancy than before. First, because it is too hot in here, so it is almost impossible to wear two layers of clothes even at night. Second, I think it is wise to let your tudung and shirt a bit longer than usual in here because you need more 'protection' in Malaysia rather than in UK (seriously!!!). So, slowly I left my fancy clothes to be wore at home (and hostel) and relax myself with baju kurung each time I go out. It is more airy, and comfortable.

Oh, about tudung. I discovered that the tudung fashion in Malaysia now tends to be shorter and shorter. Yes, the tudungs are more simple to be wear and this encourage women to wear tudung. But too simple has kicked out the reason of wearing them. Plus, it is worsen with nowadays fashion of wearing tight inner and leggings (as if 'covering' your legs and arms) with short skirts and baby tops. It looks ridiculous!!

That's the reason guys have less respect to women even if WE wear properly and modestly.

No comments: