Saturday 21 August 2010

What To Write Eh?

I'm in class, thought to do some typing for my PCK report. But then I realised I left the results in my dorm.

Well, talk about classic and nostalgic. I got a neighbour next-door, who likes to come to my room when she is homesick, just to listen songs I played with my cassette player. That is because, sound from radio is somewhat nostalgic for her, reminding her to her home and family. Really, the sound is different even if you play the same song from your mp3 player.

Nowadays, we just depend on our mp3 player, or our laptop, desktop. Less people is actually buying the real album. That's what happen when advance technology presents. And, why bother buying when you can get for free?

Isn't that a kind of stealing?

I do have mp3's too. So, I do steal. I usually 'steal' songs which the album is difficult to find now. I'm all crazy about the 80's and early 90's rock and metal albums. And it is almost impossible to find one. And overseas metal albums too. So, that is my reason. But for movies, so far I only have one pirated movie, and one I copied from my friends.

When we talk about movies, I love to have them in high definition. Which, I can play on large screen. Downloaded ones usually have low definition, they look awful even played on your laptop.

I just realised, there are not much movies in dvd in Malaysia. Just being used of using dvd, it's a mess having to change the cd in the middle of the story. But the pros is, vcd is cheaper.

When I was in UK, I always do cassettes hunting at car boot sale. And it was damn difficult to find one. One time, I found this Gary Moore 'still got the blues' album. And I got it for free, because I bought about 5 LPs that time.

I also hunt in Amazon UK, but the prices are too high. Even if the items are sold for 1 p each, you need to pay for the postage, which will cost you total around GBP 3 or 4 for each item.

Now I already stop hunting. That's simply because I have no idea of what to buy. Next, maybe I'll start collecting videos and concert vcds. That, might be after 5 years from now. I need to spare my money for something else first.

It is fun having a hobby. It is like an identity for you. But for me, my parents are always grunting because of my hobby (and identity). They talk about the albums I got, songs I listen, friends I got. I remember this one day when Mak was browsing over Facebook, she came across my post, and this one person, I bet you all know, Ustaz Radzi ex-vocalist for Melissa (popular song - Cinta Untuk Nabila), he replied to my post. Mak asked me, how come he knew me? I just said, 'rockers kan...'. Lepas tu dia mencebik.

That, is what I always received for years.

I always being told what to be, how to behave, what I should like, what I should do, who should I be friends with etc. It's like, being programmed like a robot. That is what I feel, others might think it is not. It depends. I easily protest, and I want to be my own self.

I have bad memories about this, and it effects me for years, until I lost my head and going crazy. Well, bad things are bad after all. Just try making it positive.

Seems I write a bit long this time. I'll stop now.

No comments: