Tuesday 19 October 2010

Air Minum

Okay, to those who know me, I always bring a big bottle of drinking water almost to anywhere. When I'm going to class, outing or balik kampung, I will always bring water at least in 1 liter bottle. And recently, I got myself a big bottle of 2 liter, and that is the stock of my drinking water.

So, what is about that? I actually don't like bring lots of things when I went out. In my past, I usually bring only my handphone, house key and wallet, which I put in my jeans pocket.
I always see Chinese brings big bottle of drinking water to class. And I thought, that is good. Because drinking a lot of plain water is good for health, also to prevent us from being sleepy.

I'm drinking lots of water because of health. I always got bad urine result in all my medical check up because I drink less. And for avoiding being sleepy in class, I'm not practising that.

I am known as someone who sleeps a lot. That has been for years, since I was in school. I was known as sleeping beauty (not really a beauty, that's just name) in school. And I used to not to go to class because of my sleeping problem. And I still have that problem until now. But I do try hard not to sleep when there is a teaching and learning process in class, but I will sleep if there's none. I sleep in each assembly, and almost in all talks, almost each evening and of course at night. But I have difficulties in sleeping at night even I don't have enough sleep.

Enough of that. Continuing about the drinking water. One of my friends told me that mineral water that we buy actually is more harmful that tap water. Mind you that in UK, we can obtain drinking water just from tap water, ie the water need not to be boiled but is drank right away from the tap. So, why is mineral water harmful? Because it contains minerals, and the minerals react with the inner surface of the water, which is plastic. So, we have extra 'minerals' in mineral water; plastic particles, or maybe components of it.

Now, I drink filtered water, and sometimes mineral water. Tap water in here, I think is not really clean, compared to the filtered one. Actually, the drinking water in my house is from filtered water directly from the tap. And I think it is good for me. I never have diarrhea due to drinking water; it usually is from food. And I sleep less, even that is not the main point of me drinking lots of water.

Is 2 liter is enough for the daily recommendation? Let see, each day we need to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Let us say that a glass of water consists of 300ml, so 8 glasses will be 2400ml which is equal to 2.4 liter. No! It still is not enough. So, let us think back of what we drink each day. How much of sugary drink, and how much of plain water?

Water is necessary to ensure that our body function is in good condition. It got something to do with the electrolytes in the body; well, I already forgot what's the function. But everyone knows that water is good for our health. We need not to just dieting all day long, eating less fat and carbohydrate, but we also need to drink lots of water. By dieting, we actually cutting supply of energy to our body, and our body need to be refreshed. Kesian la kat badan tu..

Okay, actually I need to finish up my burger because I am very very sleepy at the moment and it is already 2.20 AM. Ini namanya makan tengah malam, and I am disappoint as even how much I eat and how late, I still got this body with maintain weight of 40 kg. I'm underweight. And that is not good, and I got heart problem, and of course easily tired. I think that I have weird metabolism. For example, yesterday evening when I was in library, I was sweating even the library's aircond was really strong macam transition from spring to summer. Well, maybe macam summer yang paling sejuk la.

Dah habis makan!! Jom tido.....

No comments: